Please shred my Spring Week CV!

Discussion in 'CV Shredder' started by zegheim, Oct 17, 2017.

1. zegheim

zegheim New Member

[​IMG]

I've tried uploading my CV as an attachment, but I encountered several errors and thus had to resort to using imgur instead. Terribly sorry about that.

I am applying to several places offering spring week under their technology department, however I am worried about my chances as I do not have much relevant experiences to offer to the HR department. There is also the fact that I am repeating 2nd year due to degree transfer (which I have not explicitly indicated in my CV due to lack of space).

I would really appreciate any input so I can improve on this. Thank you in advance!

2. Trigger

Trigger Blessed

Alumni:
    Cass
    Industry:
    Technology
    You can always try but don't have your hopes up too much IMO. Kind of a general CV and semi-target and target students easily have the same. Maybe try networking?

3. zegheim

zegheim New Member

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. Could I ask what you mean by target & semi-target? I have attended several networking events such as corporate dinner and presentation, but I'm not sure how to put that in my CV. Cheers.

4. Trigger

Trigger Blessed

Alumni:
    Cass
    Industry:
    Technology
    Target schools are oxford, cambridge and london school of economics etc. The highest quality of universities where all the banks go to, to hold networking events. Semitarget is one tier below that, banks still go there but its very limited. Uni of edinburgh is in that bracket.

You don't put that down on your CV, instead you leave a great impression on them, follow up and hopefully get a first round interview off that. If anything, use that in your cover letters: in the 'Why This Bank' section.